Oversea Licence

Overseas driver licences and permits

“I’ve been living or will be living in Victoria for 6 months or more Hide

You’ll need to convert your overseas licence or permit to a Victorian licence.

The type of licence or permit you’ll get as well as the tests and appointments you’ll need to take depend on:

1. Which country your licence or permit was issued

2. How old you are

3. How long you’ve had your licence for (this doesn’t include your learner permit) ”

“I’m visiting for less than 6 months Hide

You won’t need to convert your overseas driver licence or permit.

You can drive using your overseas licence or overseas learner permit to drive in Victoria. It’s important to remember that all the road rules and laws apply to you.

You should also keep in mind that:

Your overseas licence needs to be current and valid

If your overseas licence is in a language other than English, you’ll also need to carry an English translation or international driving permit whenever you drive.

You can use an international driving permit as long as it’s:

carried with your overseas licence

from the same country as your licence

in compliance with the United Nations convention for international driving permits (External link)

in English.

To drive using your overseas learner permit, you must have a supervising driver seated beside you when driving. Your supervised driver must have a current and full licence for the type of vehicle you’re driving.”

Details please Click this Link: